Tuesday 18 March 2014

...and in other news



So in more positive news, finally last Friday my new scuba gear arrived. (I’ve only been trying to order it since September last year)! It was good timing as on Saturday I started a 7 day block with a great group of divers based out of Canberra (mostly). It’s always fun to dive with fellow Aussies so I can talk in my native tongue ;)

And in the most exciting news for a while Amanda & I leave for Japan late tomorrow night. Well actually it’s about 2am Thursday morning. For some reason pretty much every flight out of Palau leaves between about 12-3am. I’ve heard two different reasons why this occurs: 1) to time with connecting flights elsewhere 2) because in high heat/humidity environments it uses less fuel to get a plane up into the air at these times. Either way it’s pretty frustrating but there is no other choice!
After near permanent summer for the best part of the last two years I think we are in for a shock. The forecast for Osaka on Friday is 3-9 degrees Celsius. Ouch! In Palau it’s 26-30 degrees all year around. Good thing I have my Clutch hoodie and Canadiens beanie at the ready, I’m going to need them. 

We are super excited for the trip and have already sorted tickets for the 2nd last day of the Osaka Grand Sumo Tournament on Saturday, two different Hanshin Tigers baseball games and punk music mini-festival. Both Amanda and I love watching Sumo, it really is an impressive sport, trust me. And after being in Palau for 9 months and missing so many awesome gigs back home I’m super happy at getting to see one of the bands I missed in Me First & the Gimmie Gimmies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment