Wednesday 9 April 2014

Japanorama: Final Day

Very sadly today is our final day in Japan. We've had another wonderful trip here and I don't want to leave yet. Since my last post we've been based back in Osaka at Hotel Raizan South. Amanda and I have done a lot in the past week but also had plenty of downtime. Some of the highlights of the week have been:

  • Catching up with old friends Shinsuke, Hideki, Shinozaki & Sukrit and meeting many new friends
  • Attending two Hanshin Tigers at both the Osaka Dome and Koshien Stadium. 
  • Checking out the cherry blossoms at both Osaka Castle and Mt Yoshino. 
  • Eating at my favourite restaurant: Chitose Okonomiyaki restaurant here in Shin-Imamiya.
  • Rooftop beer
  • Visiting both Kyoto and Nara
So Japan I guess it is farewell for now. Amanda and I don't really know where life will take us in the next year or two but hopefully it's not too long before we are back again for "Japan V: insert working title here".


P.S. Before the trip I promised a bunch of articles about what to do, see and eat in Japan. Obviously I got a little sidetracked here enjoying our holiday so I'll have to complete these when we get back to Palau. I'll also post some of my SLR photos which i haven't even looked at yet.


Sakura at Osaka Castle

Koshien Stadium

Osaka Dome

Giant Buddhas at Nara

No comments:

Post a Comment