Monday 13 May 2013

Marriage, Montreal, Manflu and Memes

Yet another hectic period of organisation and social events is over. This time it was for our wedding. (Wait! What!?) Yep that is right I am now a married man, something that a lot of people probably thought would never happen :o

We had an amazing day, getting married in the rotunda at New Farm Park in front of close friends and family, followed by an outdoor reception overlooking the river. It's funny how much effort you can put into organising an event like this for it to be over in a flash. All that remains now are the memories, photos and some cake (but not much as I've been getting stuck into the leftovers! NOM NOM NOM).

And just to show my dedication to hockey and the Montreal Canadiens, not only did I spend my wedding morning watching what would be the Habs only 2013 playoff win. But both Amanda and myself happened to mention them in our vows. Pity they couldn't repay my dedication with a better playoff performance but it was a remarkably better season than last year.

Unfortunately the morning after the wedding I woke feeling sick with a nasty head cold/manflu. Eight days later and i'm still not 100%. I think all the stress and lack of sleep has finally run me down. No rest for the wicked however as we are now just under 4 weeks until we depart for Palau. We've got a fair bit to do with the selling of cars, renting the unit, sorting of bills, etc etc etc

So what is this in the blog title about memes you might ask?.... Well for our wedding I wanted to surprise Amanda with something. I thought about something nice to buy her but it was just another thing we'd have to pack away or transport to Palau. Then I thought about doing a flashmob (maybe the 'Shake a Tailfeather' dance from The Blues Brothers) but that seemed like it would required too much effort and co-ordination from my mates. I ended up settling on a Harlem Shake which the fellas and I filmed on my boys weekend a few weeks out from the wedding. The video quality and my editing leaves a bit to be desired but it gets to the point and when i debuted the video at the reception it definitely got the laugh i was after. People are still talking about it. So here it is for your viewing pleasure:

No comments:

Post a Comment