Saturday 8 June 2013

Ready or not, here we come!

Incredibly, the day that Amanda and I shift our lives to Palau is finally here. I think we are fairly well prepared but that doesn't stop the feeling that we've forgotten something or haven't completed something. Bit too late now anyway :)


A spanner was chucked in the works for me this week though when my brand new 6 week old Dell ultrabook died in the arse. And unfortunately despite the best efforts of the local technician they couldn't get the right parts to me in time. It's now going to have to stay behind in Brisbane and be shipped over once fixed. I'm pretty annoyed with this as I think Dell could have got the part here in time but "offshore" Dell seemed to have NFI what was going on and were too stuck in their own processes to do something slightly out of the box to get it sorted in time.

So to kick off a period of my life where I'm going to have to get used to being less reliant on the internet (Palau's internet is stupid-slow) I'm also going to have to start it without my computer. Maybe this is a good thing to be thrown straight in the deep end. 
 
Back on topic though, tonight we fly domestic to Cairns then overnight to Guam. We have a full day Guam tomorrow, then onto Palau, arriving tomorrow night.

And for those interested in the state of my foot/ankle after my stack on Monday, here is a pic I took on Friday:


So until we are back on familiar shores, Farewell Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment