Tuesday 6 August 2013

Everything's coming up Milhouse!




My apologies for being a little quite on the blog front of late, I’ve been working on organising something which took a little longer to confirm than I originally thought it would and I didn’t want to write about it until it was confirmed. I think I’m now safe to discuss it without jinxing myself!

First a little backstory: My main aim with moving to Palau was to find a job or way to keep busy where I could be more active. While I enjoyed my Project Management role back home I would have much preferred being outside and doing something fun. So how do I combine living in Palau and being more active? Yep, you guessed it: Diving!

So I’m very happy to announce that I’ve been able to organise a Dive Master internship with the largest and oldest tour operator in Palau. I’ll be hitting the books & watching videos today to get up to speed on the theory and tomorrow morning I’ll be playing the panicked victim to help a couple of guys complete their Rescue Diver course. 

Over the coming 2 months I’ll complete the following certs: Advance Open Water, Rescue Diver, Nitrox & finally Dive Master. I know it’s going to be quite challenging at times but I’m looking forward to it and can’t wait to get in the water tomorrow morning. It must be a flood pants kind of day because everything is coming up Milhouse!

(Somewhat ironically you pretty much need flood pants here at the moment as the wet season has well & truly hit) 

The typical view of Palau over the last two weeks (and where i'll be diving tomorrow)
Pretty much the only moment of sunshine in the last two weeks.  (and the view from the KSG gym - such a stunning location)

No comments:

Post a Comment